Community Center and Sanctuary Rental
The dining hall (fellowship hall) of the Historic Bethel Presbyterian Church on Sonoma Road may be rented by individuals, community groups, non-profit organizations, and business for special events. The historic sanctuary may be rented for large meetings and services, including funerals and wakes. The facility may be leased long-term by congregations seeking a permanent arrangement.
Bethel Rural Community Organization (BRCO) owns and maintains the historic Bethel Presbyterian Church on Sonoma Road. The church sanctuary is more than 130 years old and still has its original tongue and groove chestnut finish. A fellowship hall, kitchen, Sunday School classrooms, and restrooms were later added. BRCO leases the church and fellowship hall to church congregations and makes available the fellowship hall to the community for a fee. This income is used for maintenance of the facility and to ensure that the historic aspects of the church sanctuary are preserved for the enjoyment of future generations.
In keeping with BRCO's Vision of "Preserving Yesterday - Helping Today - Planning for Tomorrow" and its Mission "to coordinate local and regional resources to implement programs and projects that enhance the quality of rural life in Bethel Community," BRCO is pleased to maintain and make available this facility for the benefit of Bethel Community.
Does your non-profit organization or business need space for the following?
- Social Events
- Educational classes
- Retirement celebrations
Do you need a facility to do any of the following?
- Hold a family reunion
- Celebrate a birthday
- Hold a funeral, a wake, or host a gathering after a funeral
- Hold a supper club
- Sponsor a craft show
- Have a club meeting
- Oversee a yard sale
- Stage an auction
- Handicapped ramps to dining hall and sanctuary
- Handicapped accessible restrooms
- 30' x 40' air conditioned floor space in dining area
- 10 rectangular tables for your arrangement
- 60 chairs and bench seating for 20
- Prep kitchen with pass through to 18' serving counter
- Serving utensils and limited supply of serving supplies such as platters, bowls, coffee maker, tea caddies, salt and pepper shakers, etc.
- Charming décor of art pieces featuring Bethel history in the dining area
- Historic (1885) solid chestnut heated/air conditioned sanctuary with a 150 seating capacity, available for large meetings or funerals
To arrange a rental please call: Ted at 828-506-0939 or Carol at 828-476-0048 then click here to download and print a copy of the Rental Agreement